As followers of Jesus Christ, it is the desires of our hearts to please Him in all that we say and do. May God be honored and glorified by the way we serve Him, through our service to others.
· For ten years (1997 to 2007), John worked with a company named Professional Edge. For all ten of those years, Professional Edge was ranked one of the top 10 GoldMine Partners in the country, by the makers of GoldMine. For many of those years Professional Edge was ranked #1.
· During John’s tenure at Professional Edge, he was their senior most experienced GoldMine consultant, working with many hundreds of clients on many hundreds of projects.
· In April 2007, Professional Edge suddenly announced their upcoming closure, the very next month. Out of the ashes of Professional Edge closing their doors, John and Karin Neighbors decided to start For Him Consulting. We are currently a General Partnership that is truly “family owned and operated”, consisting of:
o John Neighbors – Partner / Technical Consultant
o Karin Neighbors – Partner / Treasurer
· Upon Professional Edge closing their doors, 100% of the active, current clients John Neighbors had been working with agreed to simply shift over and continue working with For Him Consulting.
· In July, 2013, John and Karin, along with their 2 daughters, moved to Honduras. Their three grown sons all stayed in Texas. John and Karin are still performing all their For Him Consulting responsibilities, just doing so remotely. For Him Consulting supports clients in over 30 U.S. states and 99% of what they did from Texas was already performed remotely anyway.
The move to Honduras was precipitated by their Christian faith and their feeling like God was calling their family there to do missions/ministry work. Therefore, they’ve chosen to be obedient to the call, while still striving to maintain For Him Consulting, full speed ahead.
We are often asked about our rather peculiar company name, For Him Consulting. The simple explanation is this:
· We are a strong, Christian family that wholeheartedly knows that God is in control of all things, including our small business.
· Whenever Professional Edge closed their doors and we started For Him Consulting rather abruptly and without a lot of forethought and planning, we felt strongly about striving to honor God with all that we do in our business. When deciding on a company name, we composed a list of several dozen names of interest, and then simply had a discussion and “vote” around the dinner table with our family of seven (we had five children at the time…we now have six). For Him Consulting won the family vote. 🙂
· The HIM is quite simply our reference to God, our creator and sole sustainer. We wish to always acknowledge that all that we say and do is “For Him”.